Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Help > Everything Else
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I introduce myself and ask for information

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CO32 Members
CO32 Members

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Conte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I introduce myself and ask for information
    Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 1:25pm
Good morning to all! 

My name is Piero, I am writing from Italy (Trieste) and I have got forthy years in sailing practise. I am interested to buy a CO32 1988.

She has been built by MJ Slack Yachts, I think one of the first Sadler 32 built by this yard.

The boat seems to be built very well, the interiors are in teak of good manufacture,  hull and gelcoat are in excellent codizioni (no osmosis). Has an engine of 18 hp volvo mod.2002

Well ... She looks identical to one of yours!..... unfortunately she is not used by six years, and the humidity is deteriorating her, so she needs a lot of care ...

May you give me any information regard the quality of the boats coming out from that yard ?

many thanks

Piero

Edited by Conte - 09 Dec 2012 at 8:59pm
moongirl View Drop Down
CO32 Members
CO32 Members

Post Options Post Options   Quote moongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 9:39pm
Piero
Mike Slack built lovely boats with very high quality joinery. I have sailed Contessa 32 Firefly, built by Mike Slack from time to time and can honestly say she is probably the best built boat I have been on in more than 60 years of sailing.
I believe that Mike Slack had his GRP mouldings made by Landamore who also did them for Oyster - say no more!
Hope this helps
Regards
COLIN
Conte View Drop Down
CO32 Members
CO32 Members

Post Options Post Options   Quote Conte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 10:48pm
thanks,I'll take your advise on my mind !
moongirl View Drop Down
CO32 Members
CO32 Members

Post Options Post Options   Quote moongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 10:53pm
Another springs to mind - the Volvo Engine. I don't have much experience of them as all the boats I have sailed in recent years have had Beta or Yanmar. However there are 'posts' on the Forum relating to the various problems with Volvos. Make sure the servicing has been done.

Regards
COLIN
Conte View Drop Down
CO32 Members
CO32 Members

Post Options Post Options   Quote Conte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 11:44pm
In truth it is not only the engine must be reviewed (I could also change it), fuel tank to clean, replace the rigging in general, clean a bit of mold,and so on...., in a few words the boat seems left to itself for many years. I'd like to take care of her .... we'll see if we will agree on the price ....

Colin ... thanks

P.
moongirl View Drop Down
CO32 Members
CO32 Members

Post Options Post Options   Quote moongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 1:41pm
What is the name or sail number of the boat? It's possible I know her!
If there are any other items requiring help please ask - I have a pretty good in depth knowledge of the boats & the equipment.
Regards
COLIN
Conte View Drop Down
CO32 Members
CO32 Members

Post Options Post Options   Quote Conte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 3:24pm
I think that it isn't correct (for the moment) to provide publicly the name of the boat, could lead to the name of the owner ....
If you want, I'll tell you in private a little 'history of this boat ...

thanks to the availability
moongirl View Drop Down
CO32 Members
CO32 Members

Post Options Post Options   Quote moongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 6:39pm
OK I understand! As a guide to values have a look at the Marketplace on the Site where Quest is listed. She is a Mike Slack boat. 

Regards
COLIN
waratah912 View Drop Down
CO32 Members
CO32 Members

Post Options Post Options   Quote waratah912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 6:18pm
Hi,
Ref Volvo engines - we have a Volvo 2002 on Waratah which has been in service since before we bought the boat in 1989. It's been reliable with no problems other than to replace the water pump. Maybe we're lucky? Any engine of that age will only be as good as the care it's been given!
Paul Smith
Waratah
Contact details available from the members only area
Conte View Drop Down
CO32 Members
CO32 Members

Post Options Post Options   Quote Conte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 10:45am
Thanks to all ... unfortunately it seems that we can not come to us on the price... In the meantime I am negotiating for a S & S 34 and a Wauquiez gladiator ...
we'll see ...

Edited by Conte - 17 Dec 2012 at 10:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply